Latest MALAYALAM and English news from your homeland. It is the first & only specialized webportal for local
news. The portal also covers ethnicity, views, art, culture, education, career, sports, business, entertainment, guest, obituary, wedding, techno world, gulf special, media views, articles along with state news, national and world news. Actually it is linking our homeland to Malayalees in Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamilnadu, Delhi, Andrapradesh, Gujarat and the world specially Gulf countries simultaneously
A young civil engineer from Mumbai who moved on to the U.A.E. in 1974 to work as a Construction Manager for the first ever tallest tower project in the Gulf and equally well known landmark "The Dubai World Trade Centre". An ambitious visionary, started out with a medium sized contracting company in 1980, and subsequently, embarked on a series of expansions in construction industry related activities, ultimately leading to the creation of a highly reputed and successful construction conglomerate "Al Fara'a Construction & Industrial Group".
An icon among the Indian businessmen in the U.A.E. whose life and work are illustrious of distinguished achievements, bearing the hall mark of integrity and versatility. The synergy of his excellent engineering skills with profound business acumen enabled him to weather turbulent times with ease whose success story is a source of inspiration to a number of budding entrepreneurs. A first generation entrepreneur who started modestly and through sheer hard work and perseverance made it to the top.
Dr. J. R. Gangaramani symbolizes the famed Indian entrepreneurship skills that metamorphosised a humble construction company into UAE's largest construction conglomerate. He actively supports Indian Missions and the community promoting India's rich culture, Arts and music in a big way. He has unwavering commitment to India's best interests, causes and concerns and is ever ready to contribute his personal – political and financial clout to voice the same at different for a and form. He actively fosters India- UAE bilateral political and commercial interactions at the ministerial level. He has effectively voiced concerns of the Indian Labour to the UAE Minister of Labour in the presence of Hon. Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs during their meeting in January 2008. He also facilitates meetings of the visiting Indian dignitaries with the UAE Sheikhs during their visits to the UAE.
With benevolence as the crux of Dr Ganagaramani's personality, he has been active in supporting the causes taken up by various Government recognized Social organizations. He has been forthcoming in offering Group support to all the projects taken up by bodies such as MES, many Samajams. A multifaceted personality who approaches every problem with an analytical mind and comes up with solutions which compel attention of everyone involved. Al Fara'a was the first Group to volunteer relief service such as providing basic amenities like sun shades, water, food on daily basis to the thousands of illegal expatriate labour during the amnesty period declared by the Government of the U.A.E. His philanthropy and generosity has been unparalleled, reaching out to various sections of society in a very unassuming manner. Many a student, youth and professional have found encouragement and inspiration from him. The tenure at Indian Social Centre, Al Ain as President bears eloquent testimony to his scholarship, wit and wisdom, profound patriotism, intellectual depth, moral integrity, innate humanity and inborn humility. Under direct supervision of Dr. Gangaramani's family Special Art of Living courses are conducted for its employees on a regular basis to impart training on techniques that release stress and toxins at the physical, mental and emotional level, promoting better health. His active involvement in numerous community services has earned him various accolades. His invaluable contributions towards social and community service earned him a life membership with the Indian Social Centre.
A rare combination of a successful businessman, an academic, a critical thinker and expounder of cultural heritage, Dr. Gangaramani's quest to do great things has not been limited to his professional life, but has also been reflected in his personal life. As an active contributor to the society Dr. Gangaramani has surpassed all the boundaries.
- Dr. Gangaramani is the Vice Chairman of R.P. Gangaramani Charitable Trust, in Mumbai INDIA that aims at,
- functioning as a seat of higher learning imparting composite & holistic education in Arts, Philosophy, Science of living beings to make the world a better place to live in.
- establishing charitable homes and orphanages for the aged and young children from the poor and under privileged community to provide education, medical care so as to improve their quality of life and work towards making them honorable members of the society.
- Providing quality education and training to the girl child
- Patronizes Deepalaya, CRY, Oxfam India, Jeev Sewa Sansthan -NGO's for educational and personal development of under-privileged children in INDIA
- Actively supports Keraleeyam Samajam, Bahrain
- Established "Art of Living Centre" in Al Ain where regular seminars disseminate knowledge and impart training on techniques that release stress and toxins at the physical, mental and emotional level, promoting better health, regular meditation classes are conducted.
- Patronizes institutions providing care and concern for aged and elderly persons
- Al Fara'a was the first Group to volunteer relief service during the Amnesty period. Distributed food, sun shades and water on daily basis to the thousands of illegal expatriate labour
- His philanthropy and generosity has been unparalleled, reaching out to various sections of society in a very unassuming manner. Many a student, youth and professional have found encouragement and inspiration from him. The tenure at Indian Social Centre, Al Ain as President bears eloquent testimony to his scholarship, wit and wisdom, profound patriotism, intellectual depth, moral integrity, innate humanity and inborn humility.
- Dr. J.R. Gangaramani is actively involved in championing the cause of the construction industry - he is attempting to bring about transparency and professionalism, use of state of art technology in the operations of the industry not only in the UAE but also to INDIA. For years, he has been one of the most articulate exponents of new approaches to technological developments in the construction and related fields and time has proven this perception and prognosis to be prophetic.
- Actively instituted a training centre in Al Ain where unskilled laborers are well trained to become the future skilled laborers, that ensures their upward growth with the occupational hierarchy
- Instituted an exchange program in the University of Al Ain, where local UAE students come in to the various group companies as Interns to learn about various business aspects
- Personally takes interest in welfare programs of the laborers at the company camps
- Instituted the blood donation drive amongst the group employees
- Dr Gangaramani is highly respected and well known with good relations with the Rulers, Sheikhs and the local populace.
As founder member of the Indian Business Council, Abu Dhabi, Dr. Gangaramani has been forthcoming in opening the doors of his group companies to provide research platforms to the visiting delegations backed by organizations such as FICCI, from India, so as to explore international standards of business operations. In addition to this Dr Gangaramani, has been proactive in facilitating the businesses of visiting delegations by enabling them to establish Joint Ventures with Local partners. Apart from enabling to harbor business interests via various Indian entities into UAE, Dr Gangaramani has been instrumental in taking numerous business parties from UAE to invest in INDIA. As a company Al Fara'a group emphasizes across the board to utilize Indian goods into their business of over AED 13 Billion.
Dr Gangaramani, an ardent art lover has been pro-active in supporting cultural programs in association with Indian Embassy and recognized Indian Social Centers.
Understanding and exhibiting exemplary faith in the richest resource of INDIA – The human power, Dr Gangaramai's Al Faraa Industrial & Construction group today engages in extensive training programs, where engineers from our Indian companies visit UAE to be trained on international work practices and operations to take back to India with them wealth of trained skills
Dr Gangaramani's contribution to the enhancement of India's image in the U.A.E. is immense, apart from providing livelihood to his fellow brethren from India, he has brought pride and honor to India through his contribution to the growth and development of UAE. He actively instituted an exchange program in the University of Al Ain, where local UAE students come in to the various group companies as Interns to learn about various business aspects.
A sustained presence for over 28 years has enabled Al Fara'a Group to carve a niche for itself amongst the Ruler's family and Government officials. Exemplary display of honesty, hard work, sincerity has placed Al Fara'a as the preffered companies amongst the local diaspora. By virtue of the trust and faith displayed under the leadership of Dr Gangaramani, Al Fara'a group has been awarded most personal projects of the Ruler's family in Abu Dhabi. Some of the time bound palaces have been completed within the record time frame of 2 months for the Royal Family.
Al Fara'a Industrial and Construction Group, currently employs over 15,000 Indian work force, who remits over US$70Million back to India.
Unibeton Ready Mix, today hosts research labs that are run under the expertise of three dedicated doctors renowned in their fields of Work.
Al Fara'a Group is famously known as the Sole Indian Group that has set standards in R& D for the UAE, Construction Industry.
Al Fara'a Properties recently bagged the CNBC Award in the best development category for its premium project " Le Grand Chateau"
Al Fara'a Group is one of the very few groups which believes in growth from within - development of human capital. The Group has a state of art training institute where batches of unskilled workers are imparted training in various trades such as carpentary, masonary, steel fixing, etc. Upon successful completion they are posted to sites wherein they put to use their newly acquired skills under the supervision of skilled foremen. Regular tests are conducted on sites, thereby, paving way for their rise in the organization hierarchy. The Group HR organizes extra curricular activities for the mental upkeep of its work force.
A special help line has been installed to cater to the personal needs of the labour. Regular Health camps are set up for medical check ups to keep a check on the fitness of the workers
Al Fara'a Group is the first company to tie up with the a leading Bank to disburse salaries in cash, this ensures protection of employee rights. ATM machines have been provided at the camps for easy remittance of funds back home to India.
The group has been proudly nominated as the most employee friendly company by the Ministry of LABOUR